I can’t move my legs, can’t feel my feet and I just want to eat. All things going to plan in 15 weeks I will be most likely repeating words to this effect as I will have ran the Edinburgh marathon aged 29 and 9 months.
Week 1 of my training has seen me manage to run 21.20 miles with relative ease. Making new Spotify playlists has definitely helped make the runs go by quickly. I am trying to focus on the strong winds here in the UK as a good thing. How has everyone else found training in these conditions?
So what did my training look like this week?
Marathon training (week 1 of 16)
- Monday: Spinning class with Kate at London Fields Fitness.
- Tuesday: 5.1 miles with GoodGym he helped the amazing Hackney Pirates build their ship of adventures
- Wednesday: 5.0 miles intervals
- Thursday: Rest
- Friday: Personal Training with Ade followed by 3 miles running
- Saturday: Rest
- Sunday: 8.2 miles the weeks long run.
- Total: 21.20 miles
On Saturday I am running a 10k race in Finsbury Park; the race is raising money for Action Duchenne.
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is a terrible genetic muscle wasting disease with no cure which affects primarily young men. Reading about this race I felt I really had to enter as my Dad died from another muscle wasting disease called Motor Neurone Disease. As I run around Finsbury Park next Saturday my thoughts will turn to him and all the other runners who have lost loved ones to cruel diseases.